Find out about the history of banya and why it’s become so popular.
Read interesting facts about banya and its rituals to get to know to it more.
Banya Visit Tips
Get some useful tips on banya visits: what to do in banya and how to make the most of it.
learn about banya health benefits so it can become your new lifestyle guide.
- The banshik is the most important person at the banya. He or she is responsible for much more than just performing treatments such as parenie or massage. The banshik is the ultimate authority in the banya and he or she sets the tone and determines the atmosphere throughout the place. The banshik or team of...
- Hats have gone out of fashion in most places and aside from weddings it’s rare to see many people wearing one. There is one place however where they are still an essential accessory and that is in the banya when you are in the steam room itself. The reason you should wear a hat in...
- For past generations It’s a Wonderful Life was the classic Christmas movie, whereas now it might be Home Alone or Love Actually.
- Before there was Russia, there was the banya. It existed before the emergence of the early Russian state, survived the Mongol invasion, persisted as Moscow united the Russian lands
- Do you know how exposure to steam and heat affect the human body and can benefit you during the cold and flu season? Are you aware of the health benefits of a visit to the banya? Read on to find out more.
- In the 12th century, the Apostle Andrew visited what was to become Russia and discovered the bizarre bathing practices of the locals: "I noticed their wooden bathhouses.